5.0L Mustang BOSS 302 Crate Engine – Ford Racing
- 444 hp @ 7400 RPM
- 380 lb-ft of torque @ 4500 RPM
- High-performance Ford 5.0-liter, four-valve Ti-VCT engine
- Engine displacement 302 cubic inch
- 3.63 bore x 3.65-in stroke
- Ford Racing aluminum block
- Carries a forged steel crankshaft
- For improved strength the upgraded sinter-forged connecting rods
- Forged aluminum pistons
- Aluminum cylinder heads, DOHC, 4 valves per cylinder with variable camshaft timing and intake
- Exceptional high-rpm airflow without sacrificing low-speed torque due to the high-strength aluminum-alloy cylinder heads with fully CNC-machined ports and chambers
- Improved heat dissipation due to Ford Racing Sodium-filled exhaust valves
- 11.0:1 compression ratio
- Inspired by Ford Racing's Daytona Prototype engine program bring the revised composite intake system with shorter runners
- 80 mm single bore "drive by wire" throttlebody
- Engine includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
- Vehicle harness and PCM (powertrain control module) not included
- 5.0L Mustang Boss 302 crate engine shown with optional Ford blue coil pack covers FRPP part # : M-6P067-M50B and NVH insulator pads, Ford dealer part # :CR3Z-6N041-A sold separately
- Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L Ford modular engines
- Photo and specs may vary on Ford Racing crate engine
- Engine weight: 444 lbs
- Special Order, Please allow for longer than normal lead times.
Ford Racing's aluminum 5.0L Ford Mustang Boss 302 crate engine takes the Ti-VCT 5.0L engine to the next level of performance with high flow CNC cylinder heads and revised intake to deliver 444 horsepower and 380 ft.-lb.+ of torque (with premium fuel). The Ford Racing lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength. For the track, the Ford Racing oil pan features a large sump 8.5 qt capacity with revised oil pan baffling for improved oil control under hard cornering.
For more than a century, Ford vehicles have been competing and winning on the track proof positive that a successful race car is more than a collection of performance parts. It is a complete package of race-grade components that are engineered, developed and tested together to deliver a winning combination. Ford engineers and craftsmen led the development of the special components and vehicles that went on to dominate on the track and street.
Ford Racing, engineers, craftsmen and many of the best manufacturers in the performance industry collaborate to create and develop the best upgrades for your Ford car or truck. Ford vehicles better than anyone else, which puts Ford Racing in a unique position to help you to realize your car’s performance potential, while maintaining the important balance with the durability, drivability and emissions.
Whether you are an oval racer, a drag racer, a road racer, an off-roader, a builder, a restorer or an enthusiast who wants more street performance, you are highly valued ROUSH and Ford Racing customer. The entire team at ROUSH and Ford Racing is committed to giving you the very best options for improving your Ford vehicle.
Mustang: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time: 18 hours
- Required Tools: Garage tools