8.8" 3.73 Ring Gear and Pinion -- Ford Racing
- Ford Racing 8.8" Gear Sets are stronger and quieter
- Since the 8.8" rear end was introduction in the Mustang in 1986 it has become the standard in performance and Ford Racing is the manufacturer of choice when you hop-up your Ford Mustang axle
- Made in the United States at Ford's Sterling Axle Plant (competitors in Ford Racings price range are primarily produced in China)
- Ford OEM quality standard - superior surface finish, hardening, and manufacturing consistency provide the strongest and quietest 8.8" gears in the market
- Race Proven - Ford Racing 8.8" gears are the choice of championship road racing and drag racing teams
- Special Order, Please allow for longer than normal lead times.
Changing from your stock gear ratio to a Ford Racing 3.73 ring gear and pinion 8.8 inch for taller gears. Using the higher Ford Racing quality gears means satisfied Ford Mustang owners. The higher quality 3.73 gears leads to stronger and quieter gear.
For more than a century, Ford vehicles have been competing and winning on the track proof positive that a successful race car is more than a collection of performance parts. It is a complete package of race-grade components that are engineered, developed and tested together to deliver a winning combination. Ford engineers and craftsmen led the development of the special components and vehicles that went on to dominate on the track and street.
Ford Racing, engineers, craftsmen and many of the best manufacturers in the performance industry collaborate to create and develop the best upgrades for your Ford car or truck. Ford vehicles better than anyone else, which puts Ford Racing in a unique position to help you to realize your car’s performance potential, while maintaining the important balance with the durability, drivability and emissions.
Whether you are an oval racer, a drag racer, a road racer, an off-roader, a builder, a restorer or an enthusiast who wants more street performance, you are highly valued ROUSH and Ford Racing customer. The entire team at ROUSH and Ford Racing is committed to giving you the very best options for improving your Ford vehicle.
Mustang: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, 1999, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1995, 1994, 1993, 1992, 1991, 1990, 1989, 1988, 1987, 1986
- Difficulty: Advanced
- Time: 8 hours
- Required Tools: Garage tools