Product highlights for the Colder Spark Plug, Mustang (2005-2008) and F150 (2004-2007):
- Designed to fit:
- 2005-2008 4.6L V8 ROUSH-Built Supercharged Mustangs (2008 MY fitment depends on head configuration/2009 re-uses factory Ford plugs)
- 2004-2007 5.4L V8 ROUSH-Built Supercharged F-150s (2008 MY fitment depends on head configuration)
- 2005-2008 4.6L V8 Mustang GT with ROUSH M90 or TVS R2300 Supercharger (2008 MY fitment depends on head configuration/2009 re-uses factory Ford plugs)
- 2005-2007 5.4L V8 F-150 with the ROUSH M112 Supercharger (2008 MY fitment depends on head configuration)
- ROUSH Performance Colder Spark Plug
- Helps prevent pre-ignition and detonation of fuel due to high cylinder temperatures
- Operates on heat range colder than the stock Mustang plug
- Specifically designed to handle high boost pressure and air flow of ROUSHcharged, turbo charged, and other various supercharged engines
- Plugs come pre-gapped to 0.045"
- ROUSH Supercharged applications should be re-gapped to .032-.035"
- Each sold separately
- Unsure if this spark plug is for your application? Call us at 800-59-ROUSH!
ROUSH® Colder Spark Plugs are a must-have for those wanting to get the most out of their forced-induction equipped Mustang or F-150s. These spark plugs work with supercharged, turbocharged and nitrous applications.
These Colder Spark Plugs are designed for the 3V engines found in 2005-2008 Mustangs with the 4.6L V8, as well as 2004-2007 F-150s with the 5.4L V8. This is the same spark plug that is installed in the 2005-2008 Stage 3 ROUSHcharged Mustangs and 2004-2007 ROUSHcharged F-150 packages. These same plugs can also be found included with the 2005-2008 M90 & TVS ROUSH superchargers and 2004-2007 ROUSH M112 superchargers.
The need for installing a colder spark plug is to prevent pre-ignition and detonation of the fuel due to the higher cylinder temperatures found in the supercharged engines. Pre-ignition is typically caused by many factors, such as an overheated spark plug tip which acts like a glow plug to ignite the charge. This puts a tremendous load on the engine and adds considerable heat, a recipe for serious damage.
These ROUSH Performance Colder Plugs are one heat range colder than the stock Mustang plug and are designed specifically to handle the high boost pressure and air flow into the engine. The gap on these plugs is 0.045 inches. ROUSH supercharged applications should be re-gapped to .032-.035.
- Some 2008 4.6L Mustangs and 2008 F-150s have different heads, and require re-using the factory spark plugs.
- All 2009 4.6L Mustangs are to re-use the factory spark plugs, with no exception.
Contact 800-59-ROUSH to find out if your vehicle is required to use these spark plugs if you are unsure.