ROUSH Performance continues to pay tribute to Ford’s legendary history with the 428R™ Mustang, a limited edition pony car which follows in the tremendous success of their 427R™ model introduced last year and which remains in the ROUSH product lineup for the 2008 model year.
The ROUSH 428R™ Mustang will arrive at participating Ford dealerships in October 2007.
The 2008 ROUSH 428RTM Mustang is limited to 200 vehicles, each a potent street slayer with 435 horsepower and 400 lb.-ft. of torque thanks to the famous ROUSHcharger™ system, which, in the 428R™ is a chrome powdercoat which glistens when the hood is raised. Other under-the-hood goodies include ROUSH billet radiator and intercooler radiator caps, oil cap, and strut tower caps which add to the sparkling engine compartment.
The looks of the car continue on the exterior also, with the ROUSH front fascia, chin spoiler, hood scoop and rear wing adding to the muscular look. The locking hood pins show the world that there is something lurking under the hood, and the black bar high-flow grille adds to the aesthetics.
As for handling, the ROUSH suspension package makes it simple to manage the left and right turns. Changed by the ROUSH technicians are the front and rear shocks, front and rear springs, front and rear sway bars, jounce bumpers and an anti-wheel hop kit is installed at the Livonia, Mich., factory. ROUSH 18-inch cast wheels and high-performance tires grip the road, and the offroad exhaust system gives the ROUSH 428R™ the necessary growl expected from a V-8 Mustang.
The interior of the 428R™ gets the ROUSH treatment as well as ROUSH sport leather seating is installed, the white face electro luminescent gauge cluster, and the ROUSH short throw shifter with retro ball makes quick gear changes. Rounding out some of the interior upgrades are ROUSH sill plates and floor mats.
As with all ROUSH vehicles, the 428R™ comes with unique fender and decklid badges as well as a pair of engine bay plaques to authenticate this as an official ROUSH vehicle. Each vehicle comes with a Certificate of Authenticity signed by Jack Roush. The ROUSH 428RTM is available with either a five-speed manual or automatic transmission.
2008 ROUSH 428R Mustang
2008 ROUSH 428R Mustang
- ROUSHcharged 4.6L powertrain systemAdditional components include ROUSHcharger, intake manifolds, intercooler & radiator, air induction system, ROUSH calibrated ECM and many others) Produces 435hp / 400lb-ft.
- Chrome Powder-Coated ROUSHCharger
- ROUSH Billet Radiator Caps (Radiator and Intercooler Radiator)
- ROUSH Billet Oil Cap
- ROUSH Billet Strut Tower Caps
- ROUSH 4 Piece Aerobody KitFront Fascia, Front Chin Spoiler, Hood Scoop, and Rear Wing (shown with optional quarter window louver kit - not included)
- Lower Valance Fog Lamps
- Black Bar High Flow Front Grille
- 428R TM Graphics
- Hood Pins
- ROUSH Exhaust
- ROUSH 18-Inch Chrome Wheel & with High Performance Tires
- Locking Lug Nuts
- ROUSH Suspension SystemFront Struts, Rear Shocks, Front and Rear Springs, Front Sway Bar and Rear Sway Bar, and Pinion Snubbers
- ROUSH Sport Leather Seating
- ROUSH Embroidered Floor Mats
- ROUSH Pedals w/ Dead PedalCNC Billet Aluminum
- White Face Gauges
- ROUSH Short Throw Shifter w/ Retro Style Lever and Handle
- Door Sill Plates
- Certificate of Authenticity signed by Jack Roush
- Interior Dash Trim KitCarbon fiber design
- Quarter Window LouversThis option is for coupes ONLY
- Trunk Mounted Tool Kit
- 14-Inch Front Brake UpgradeFour Piston Caliper
- Rear Window LouversCoupes Only