ROUSH's new 540RH™ Mustang features a 540 horsepower powerplant and has limited content. Also known as the Hammer®, this car comes armed with massive horsepower, a ROUSH® rear decklid spoiler, and short throw shifter with a choice of white or black ball, the 540RH™ is a stoplight slayer.
Proving just how quick this car can be on the optional 18-inch Cooper RS3 tires, ROUSH engineers recorded an 11.8-second elapsed time at 121 mph during testing at Milan (Mich.) Dragway in early September.
"The new ROUSH® 540RH™ is really intended to be a 'sleeper' car," Roush explained. "It will be purposely built with minimal content as it was designed for the buyer who wanted the ROUSH® horsepower but with a blank canvas that can be customized into their own personal one-of-a-kind ride."
The 2010 ROUSH® 540RH™ has a new suspension package which includes front and rear springs, front and rear stabilizer bars and jounce bumper, and a subtle tone-on-tone striping package. This vehicle uses the same engine that debuted in the 2009 ROUSH® P-51B™ Mustang. In order to get this type of power from the Ford 4.6L, 3-valve engine, ROUSH technicians replace many of the internal components with stronger parts including forged aluminum pistons (with an increased dish to lower the compression ratio from 9.8 to 8.6), forged steel H-Beam connecting rods and a forged steel crankshaft. The fuel rails are changed, as are the fuel injectors and an upgraded fuel pump. ROUSH® also upgrades the clutch and includes a custom-calibration for the ECM to manage the performance of the next-generation R2300 ROUSHcharger®.
As is standard with all new ROUSH® Mustangs, this car will come with the anti-wheel hop kit installed during the assembly process. This part (No. 401788) is an outstanding addition to any 2005-2010 Ford Mustang GT.
This vehicle is covered by a 3-year/36,000-mile warranty and will be available with a manual transmission only.
2010 ROUSH 540RH Mustang
2010 ROUSH 540RH Mustang
- R2300 ROUSHcharger 4.6L Powertrain System - Produces 540 hp / 510 lb-ftComponents include TVS Technology ROUSHcharger, intake manifolds, intercooler & radiator, cold air induction system, secondary sheave FEAD, forged aluminum pistons, forged steel h-beam connecting rods, forged steel crankshaft, unique high flow fuel injectors (~52lb/hr), unique fuel rail, dual 60mm electronic throttle body, upgraded fuel system, aluminum flywheel, upgraded clutch, and ROUSH calibrated engine control module.
- ROUSH Rear Decklid Spoiler
- ROUSH Fender Badges and Rear Decklid Emblem
- ROUSH 540RH Rear Dome Badge
- ROUSH 540RH Striping
- ROUSH Center Console Badge/Button
- ROUSH Front Windshield BannerMatte black
- ROUSH White Face Gauges
- ROUSH Embroidered Floor Mats
- ROUSH Short Throw Shifter with Billet Shifter ArmChoice of black or white handle
- ROUSH Suspension SystemIncludes front struts, rear shocks, front and rear springs, front and rear sway bars, and jounce bumpers
- ROUSH Engine Build PlaqueSigned by engine and chassis builder
- ROUSH 540RH Serialized Engine Bay Plaque
- ROUSH ExhaustDealer installed post sale
- ROUSH Vent Pod With Boost Gauge
- ROUSH Sport Leather Seating
- ROUSH Performance PedalsAvailable for both automatic and manual transmissions
- ROUSH Illuminated Door Sill PlatesRequires ambient lighting option
- ROUSH 18-Inch Cast Chrome Wheels With Cooper RS3 Tires
- ROUSH 20-Inch Cast Chrome Wheels With Cooper RS3 Tires
- Big Brake KitConsists of 14-Inch two-piece slotted front rotors, factory size slotted rear rotors, four-piston red front calipers and red painted factory rear calipers.
- ROUSH Trunk Mounted Tool Kit
- Locking Lug Nuts
- ESCORT(R) Passport 9500ci Radar/Laser Defense System