2017 Roush P-51 Mustang
"The ROUSH P-51 is the most powerful American pre-titled car ever built." Jack Roush
The P-51 is a culmination of Jack Roush's personal passion for both aviation and performance vehicles. The P-51 Mustang is a celebration of these two passions. This is the most powerful muscle car on the planet!
The 2017 ROUSH P-51 is powered by a 727-horsepower ROUSH Eaton TVS supercharged “Coyote” 5.0L V8 engine that comes coupled to a choice of 6-speed manual or automatic transmission. The ROUSH P-51 package features ROUSH TrakPak components including a 3-way adjustable coilover suspension and lightweight black forged wheels by Weld fitted with Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires (295/35ZR19). The manual transmission option also comes with PFC 2-piece rotors and updated friction pads.
While there are “tuner” vehicles that have claimed greater horsepower, these vehicles are ‘post-titled’ conversions. They are not available pre-title from a dealership with a full factory 3-year/36,000-mile warranty.
In the cockpit, stunning custom P-51 Amaretto Tuscany leather seating matches the leather door inserts for Warbird-inspired styling, complemented by a P-51 gauge logo, red ROUSH shifter ball, ROUSH Performance pedals, and a P-51 interior plaque.
Exhaust flows through the innovative ROUSH Active Exhaust System to offer the user a choice between three distinct preloaded exhaust sound profiles, as well as a “Custom” setting that can be tuned with a mobile application for virtually endless exhaust sound possibilities. The system features black coated tips laser-etched with a custom logo.
Only 51 2017 ROUSH P-51 Mustangs will be built, with a retail price of $42,500 above the price of the base 2017 Mustang GT.
The P-51 carries many of the styling cues of our current lineup of ROUSH Mustangs. Exclusive to the P-51 are a new carbon rear deck lid spoiler, a new carbon fiber front splitter with support brackets, unique custom paint on the hood, front grille ambient lighting, and custom badges.*
*Handmade carbon fiber parts carry a separate warranty.
At ROUSH Performance, it's not enough to deliver heart-pounding performance, unparalleled refinement, and race-inspired styling. We take a step further and back-up the 2017 ROUSH P-51 Mustang with an industry-leading 3-year, 36,000 mile limited warranty so you know that we’re along for the ride.
Our vehicles are rigorously engineered and tested to prevent issues down the road, but should they occur, you can rest assured in knowing that we're here to help.
For more information download our ROUSH Supplement Owner's Guide
The P-51 & ROUSH Heritage
North America’s P-51 Mustang was born out of necessity to blunt the onslaught of Nazi Germany in the early desperate, dark days of WWII.
More specifically, a handful of North America’s forward-thinking aerodynamicists, engineers, and designers contrived and produced the first prototype (NA-73X) for the British Air Purchasing Commission in 102 days, challenged by a 120-day deadline to present something which would revolutionize the concept of what an air superiority single-seat fighter could do.
Thanks to its advanced aerodynamics, airframe components, and fuel efficient 60° V12 engine layout, it had equal performance numbers with the best propeller driven fighters on both sides of the conflict. And the really bad news for the Luftwaffe was that it could stay airborne for up to twice as long as other Allied fighters, which meant that vulnerable Allied heavy bombers could be escorted and protected all the way in and out of hostile territory as they performed their task of bombing Germany into submission.
In total, less than 16,000 P-51s in 6 versions were produced – a relatively small number considering their impact and the fact that just one of the many German counterparts was produced in quantities of more than twice that of the Mustang.
The red and yellow checkerboard engine cowling was carried on the 8th Air Force’s 357th Fighter Group Mustangs. The three squadrons (362nd, 363rd, & 364th) which made up the 357th Fighter Group produced more Aces (pilots achieving 5 or more aerial victories) than any other Fighter Group in the conflict. For that reason, all of ROUSH’s P-51 Mustangs carry red and yellow 357th Fighter Group checkerboard badging.
The timing and introduction of ROUSH Performance’s first P-51 Mustang (2008 model year) accordingly, was chosen to showcase an advancement in supercharger technology which would, like its namesake, make possible unprecedented engine performance matched with great durability and reliability.
- 5.0L ROUSHCHARGED™ Powertrain Featuring the ROUSH 2.3L TVS Supercharger
- "Phase 2" upgraded supercharger system creating "America's Most Powerful Car" at 727hp
- ROUSH Active Quad Tip Exhaust System Featuring ROUSH Technology and Rear Valance
- Extreme-Duty "TrakPak" Half Shafts
- "ROUSH" branded Engine Coil Covers - molded in red with black highlight paint and "ROUSH" emblem
- ROUSH TrakPak 3-Way Coil-Over Suspension (w/ adjustable height)
- 19-inch light weight ROUSH TrakPak Wheels by Weld
- Performance Friction brake rotor and pad package for Ford Brembo Calipers
- Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires
- Locking Lug Nuts
- Front Fascia with Aero Pockets
- High Flow Upper Grille with hand-painted "P-51" Badge
- High Flow Lower Opening
- Performance Driving Lamps
- Front Chin Splitter
- ROUSH TrakPak Carbon Lower Front Splitter with Stanchions
- ROUSH Hood Heat Extractors - (molded black)
- ROUSH Hood Strut Lift Assist
- "P-51" hand-painted fender badges featuring P-51 Mustang silhouette as a tribute to the 357th Fighter Group
- Custom P-51 tribute anti-glare hood painting - matte green
- Hood Scoop in matching anti-glare paint
- Body Side Scoop (Body Color)
- Side Rocker Aero Aids
- Quarter Window Scoops in gloss black
- Rear Blackout Panel with "ROUSH" Badging
- Unique Carbon Fiber Rear Decklid Spoiler
- "ROUSH" Front Windshield Banner
- "P-51" Serialized Engine Bay Plaque
- Engine Bay Plaque w/ Engine Build Signature
- "Jack Roush Performance Engineering" throw-back badge
- "ROUSH" License Plate
- "P-51" Leather Seating in unique "bomber jacket" inspired premium leather with door panel coverings
- ROUSH "P-51" Serialized Interior Medallion on dash
- Unique P-51 Design Instrument Gauge Cluster overlay
- 6-Speed Shifter Ball in aviation red
- Billet Performance Pedal Pads (Manual Transmission - 4 pedals)
- "ROUSH" Embroidered Floor Mats
- "ROUSH" Illuminated Door Sill Plates
- "ROUSH" Trunk Mounted Tool Kit
- History Book on 357th Fighter Group
- Custom commemorative book on ROUSH and the P-51 program
- "P-51" premium indoor car cover
- Commemorative ROUSH P-51 "Challenge Coin"
- Hooked on Driving 1-day performance driving school voucher (see dealer for details)
- Special ROUSH Connect phone support for P-51 owners
- ROUSH Supplement Owner's Guide (download)